Friday, August 9, 2013

Where is the time going?

     I honestly don't know where the time is going.  It seems to be speeding by faster than my van can go and believe me that thing can really move.. I know, I drive it LOL

     I finally made the decision to move my scrap room from the teeny space upstairs to my dining room. Yes, I gave away my dining room furniture and moved everything down stairs. Now I have a wonderful large scrap area. Just look at all that wonderful work area I now have. Lucky is not quite so happy about my space though as I am.  She has thoroughly checked everything out and can't find the paints, mists, markers, pens, wooden stamps, and all the other great things that she used to play with and that I would be finding downstairs all the time that she had brought down from my room when it was upstairs.  Everything is now either in a drawer or a covered container.. she is NOT impressed.




I am enjoying the freedom that comes with this large work area and have been doing some creating too. 
I finished my DT commitments for Down a Dirt Road with another layout and a tag. I used every scrap of paper from the kit.
Here is the last layout... A Beary Good Summer. The photos are from the summer of 2008 and the first tent we bought for our first camping trip to Rhondeau.. it didn't take us long to discover we had made a huge mistake buying that tent and we made another purchase before our next camping trip. We couldn't even stand up in that tent. LOL

This is a tag I made I was going to put it on the layout but changed my mind.. it will probably go on another layout later.

I also made another tag for a challenge at The Flying Unicorn. For this challenge we had to use everything on the tag from the same sheet of paper.  I used a sheet of paper from K & Company's Verses of Christmas.  First I ran the light blue paper through my Big Kick with the music embossing folder. Then I inked it with distress ink.  I fussy cut the flowers and used Viva pearl pen and Stickles on them. 
That's it for today.. I have my three oldest grand children coming for the weekend so I won't get much scrapping done now til next week.  Donald and Theresa will be going home on Sunday but Isaac will be staying til Wednesday or longer depending on how he acts.

No comments: