Monday, August 5, 2013

A New Month = New Challenges

     August has arrived and with it a bunch of new challenges, both at Down a Dirt Road and also at The Flying Unicorn.

     First of all, the kit that I recieved this month from Down a Dirt Road was Bo Bunny's Camp Out... now I don't have a lot of camping photos to scrap but most of the papers were nice to use with my new animal pictures that I got while visiting with Colleen.  However, I did make a mini album for my grandson, Isaac, for the pictures from when he camped with us last labour day weekend.  I had some fun creating a Tent mini album... I didn't have anything to go by so I had to  freehand it and I think it turned out okay.













and the completed Album.


Here are a couple of Layouts I created using the kit, but for animals rather than camping.

For this one I fussy cut the logs and used Viva decor pens on them. I also used stickles on the butterflies and misted the background with Lindy's Mists. Here we were feeding the goats at Anderson & Girls, they were eagerly awaiting the bucket of feed to get to them.

I was enchanted by the Prairie Dogs, they were so cute. It was the first time I had ever seen them.



One of the challenges on The Flying Unicorn is "anything Goes" challenge. For this challenge I decided to scrap this photo of Isaac with his treasured snake. I used one of the shedded skins on the Layout as well as some real sand to give it some texture.

Another challenge was to choose any two of the "What Can you do on Wednesday" tutorials and use them on a card, layout or OTP project.  I choose two of Tammy's tutorials to use, her Remasking tutorial and her Paradise Flower tutorial.  You can find the tutorials here.
This is a photo that Alan took of Colleen and I sitting on her deck chatting the evening away.
That's it for now but there is much more to come.. still lot's of challenges to work on.

Saturday I moved my scrapbooking room from the upstairs to the downstairs and I now have a much larger and brighter space to create in.

1 comment:

Dryad said...

WOW!! Those are so amazing! You are so good at scrapbooking. I love the snake layout. That is so well done, and I love that you used a REAL snake skin on it.

The camping book is pretty cool, too! I love that the whole book is in the shape of the shed. LOVE it!