Saturday, March 2, 2013

Whoa, It's March Already!!!

Now if that doesn't bring a smile to your face, you have depression or something. Of course it is still pretty chilly around here but just knowing it is March is enough to warm you up inside.

All new challenges have been posted at the Flying Unicorn. So there will be lots to do this month and of course as you know, I have a new little helper as you can see in this layout. My first challenge for the month. The challenge was to sew on the layout, real sewing no faux stitching.

I chose GCD papers- Rose Coloured glasses and TPC Studio- girlfriends for this layout. I used a sketch from SOUS by Sandi Clarkson. I used liquitex molding paste and a Dusty Attic negative for my butterfly. I coloured it with Black soot, warm lipstick and Victorian Velvet Distress Markers. The pink flower is from Manor House. I used Zva Creative pearls and Prima say it with Crystals. The buttons are Dress it up Buttons- Cats Delight. The title was created with Memory Box's Type writer lower alpha die.



I have also started a new art journal. I haven't done the covers yet because I am waiting for my order from the Flying Unicorn. I ordered 7 sets of Lindy's starburst mists and a couple of pretty TCW stencils and a stamp, all of which I want to use on the cover. This time I got a three ring binder journal and am buying 140lb paper so hopefully it will look much better as I get into it than the other one did. Here is the first page, it was a challenge from the Flying Unicorn it has to be girly.

I used Perfect pearls in Pink to do the background, TCW hexagon stencil with Distress ink in Victorian Velvet. I used my own stencil to make the lady using Golden bead gel coloured with Bubble Gum Gelato. The accessories were stamped with the Girl's Thing - See D's stamp set. Some were stamped onto the page and some were stamped onto GCD-Rose Coloured Glasses paper. I outlined the hexagons with Black soot Distress marker. The pearls are Zva Creative and the ribbons are unknown.



I am off to see what kind of mess I can make next, have a great day.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Love the LO of your kitty!! And I love your journal page, you really rocked that challenge!