Tuesday, August 21, 2012



We were born and raised on a little Island in Newfoundland. Our Ancestral home is still on that piece of land on Primmer's point. My sister maintains that house and goes there every summer. Two of my brothers have built summer homes there, has have my cousin. I haven't been back there since I was 14 but I live vicariously through their stories and their photos.

My brother has improved things quite a lot by floating much needed items down there with his pontoon boat. They have installed running water by digging a ditch from the pond inland and running pipes down to the point. They have generators to run refridgerators etc etc. Things we didn't have growing up. He even has an ATV there to help moving things around.

Here is a layout I did for Once upon a Sketch challenge.


3 comments:

Colleen said...

I love the story you told with the photos, Great LO and love the bright colors.

SusieJ said...

Love the LO and the story behind it is so worth telling.
Hugs xx

regulargal said...

Lovely page. Good ol' newfie! I can't imagine how it was so long ago living in those remote areas. I grew up in a small town on the Baie Verte peninsula but we had "all" the amenities of the times (80's). My parents have lots of stories from when they were little tho. We try to get back once a year, its nice to visit.