Monday, September 17, 2012





Well here it is the middle of September already. Where is the time going? I feel like time is whizzing by faster than I can keep up.

I just want to share some of the work I have been doing this month... It is "School" month at FU and we are having fun and getting messy.
Our first lesson was Misting Debunked 101... Okay I am not going to put the lesson on here, if you want to see the lesson you have to go to the Flying Unicorn to get it :)

Lets just say it didn't just involve misting alone LOL
Here is what I did for that lesson.
I used a toy waffle to stamp gesso in the bottom left corner and a mask to put gesso in the upper right corner. I misted with some new mist from The Flying Unicorn called Fireworks.. love that stuff, it actually does mist instead of spraying. The three circles are washers which I painted first and then misted.
The next class was Negative Nelly 101, this class required we leave lots of white space.. but we could do things with the white space... again you can check the class out at the Flying Unicorn.
Here is what I did for this class.

Well I had fun with this one. I am not a white space kind of scrapper so it was tough to do a layout and leave some ... you will notice I didn't leave a lot. I did a lot of fussy cutting though. I used a Crafter's Workshop stencil for my birdhouses and some copper mist.
Next class up was Mixed Media Smackdown... oh my goodness was this one fun or what, not to mention messy. For this one I cut a piece of cardboard 12" x 12", covered it with gesso and then I got out my Twinkling H2O's... oh yeah remember those from way back when we just had to have them? Anyway, I started painting, I used a sponge for one colour, a stipple brush for another and my finger for another... I wanted different textures and strokes. To top it all of, I gesso in a tree. This is what I came up with.



Ahhh for our next class we have Gesso Goddess 101. Well by now you have to know that Gesso is one of my staples so this class is right up my alley. LOL
First I used different edge punches around the page. Then I used a Ditto mask for the upper left corner, a piece of lace for the upper right corner, a paper doily for the lower left (it doesn't show very well) and for the lower right I used a piece from a sink protector. Then I gessoed it all over, once it was dry I removed the "masks" and proceeded to build my page.



There are more classes to come, that I am looking forward to. However I am work work working everyday so don't have much time for scrapping this week.

No comments: