Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Time to relax

Well my position on the DT at SOS is over and now I can relax and just do the challenges that someone else is posting. I enjoyed my time posting the challenges but it is nice to have someone else doing them now too. This month is Helen's turn and she is taking us on "An Amazing Race".

First let me catch you up on my final challenges.

Challenge #12- overweight
Being overweight or obese are major risk factors for heart disease and stroke. For this challenge I want you to use minimal papers and embellishments. I want to see lots of white space. Smile
Here is my layout for this challenge.


Challenge # 13-High blood pressure
High blood pressure is the number one risk factor for stroke and a major risk factor for heart disease. It’s important to keep your blood pressure in a healthy range. Blood flows through our bodies in arteries or veins. So for this challenge I would like to see you use ribbon in five different ways to represent the arteries and veins in our bodies.

Here is mine. I used ribbon to frame my photos, ribbon banners, a ribbon flower, a bow and a strip of ribbon up the side.



I also did some more challenges over at the Flying Unicorn.
One challenge was to embrace our scrapping style.. well I don't have much style, mine is pretty much slap together what ever I have.


The next challenge was to use all white and neutral colours with one pop of colour so I decided to make a card for this one.


For the Un-valentine challenge..no red, no hearts, no flowers, no ribbon..



I also did this layout but for the life of me I can't remember what I made it for LOL



Okay, on to this month.
So far Helen has posted two challenges, leg 1 and 2 of the amazing race.
Leg 1. For this leg of the race I want to see some clock faces somewhere on your layout or cards! That is all! Easy Peasy!!! I combined this challenge with a challenge from the FU to use denim on a layout.. the flower is made with dark denim.


Leg 2. For this challenge I want to see a layout or card made with Blue and some lace on it. I also combined this challenge with one from FU to create a layout using a photo with old style.. I found one of me wearing stovepipe pants.


I also created a card.


Another challenge from FU was to create a layout using at least three pieces of frilly fabric or trim.



The last challenge I completed for FU (so far) was to use twine, string or yarn.. twirl, twist and bend it.


Well that's it for now. Lots of great challenges posted over at the Flying Unicorn so no doubt I will be busy all month :)

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You have been a very busy young lady. So glad you have been doing challenges at FU as well. SOS is still home but love the challenges at FU.

I love your first LO that black background just makes everything pop.

Awesome work girl.