Monday, March 12, 2012

Out of my box!!

I have to say that I am truelly enjoying myself over at the Flying Unicorn. The girls there are really pushing me out of my box. I am learning a lot of new tricks and Gesso has become my new best friend. I won a prize on their blog hop, a paper pack with paper that I would never have purchased myself because it wasn't my style.. now I love it and my style is changing.

Hey, I also won Kimber McGray's latest book 100 Fresh and Fun Handmade Cards from the Whirlwind Blog hop. I can't wait to get my copy it is one awesome book.

Here is one of the challenges that took me out of my box.. it had a long list of requirements. I used the papers that I won. I hand cut the birdcage and then coated it with Gesso, then I painted it with Metallic paint. The roses on the lower left were hand cut from some other paper. I distressed the edges of the larger sheet of paper and then inked it. One of the requirements was to either use a french inspired picture of french words.. the title is "My Heart Sings".
To see any of the pictures in full size, just click on the picture.



The next challenge we were to use a dress form (and dress it) 3 layers of paper, lace, flowers, and hand written title or if we used other alphas we had to alter them in some way. I dressed my form with tulle and lace, added a bit of bling and it was finished. I would never have considered using a dress form on a layout unless it was a layout about sewing... same thing with the bird cage.. would have never used one of those unless the layout was about birds... as I said I am learning LOL I used a stencil to draw in the leaves and the photo corner.



I also did a second entry for the Lovely Layers challenge. This time I cut and coloured all the flowers and leaves. The satin around the circle represents her garter.



I can't remember which challenge I did this one for.. all I know is that I did it LOL

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Jackie - these are awesome! I love the change in style and you've rocked these challenges.
I need to to leave my comfort zone too - you've inspired me.
Hugs xx

Colleen said...

So glad you joined FU, I told you they would take you out of your comfort zone. I am loving these LOs just beautiful.