Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!!

     Another year as come and gone.  I am sure I don't know where it went but I know that it went by way too fast.
     I would like to wish all my readers a very Happy, Healthy and Blessed New Year.
     I know everyone likes to make new year's resolutions, however, I don't. Why?  Because I never follow through with them and then I feel like a loser so it is much better to not bother. I am hoping to do better with my life this year though.  I would like to be more active and would certainly like to lose some weight and with that in mind I have started the "Body by Vi" diet shakes.  Now if I could just quit drinking gallons of diet Pepsi a day I would be okay.. who knows, maybe this will be the year that I succeed. 
     I am hoping to do better with keeping up with my blog this year as well.  I have been pitiful with it the past couple of years, posting only occassionally.  This year I would like to post at least a couple of times per month if not more.
    Now then the smoking... this is tearing my life apart, I hate it so why do I keep doing it?  I am hoping that this will be my year to quit this horrible addiction.  So far I have tried everything without any success.. but I haven't quit trying.  This will be ongoing until I have success. 
     Now then, Scrapping.. yes I will be scrapping this year.  Hopefully I will be doing more than I did last year.  As soon as I find my mojo I am going to tie it up and staple it to my desk so it doesn't escape again.  I am hoping to do more in my Art Journal this year as well.  Scrap, Paper, Scissors is going to be doing "lists" so those will be going into the Journal.  They are also going to be doing Faithbooking which I am thinking of doing as well.  Of course there are going to be the usual "Unusual" challenges from the Flying Unicorn which I will be getting into.
     Here is the first challenge I did for 2014.  It is for the lists challenge for SPS:





The next challenge is a combined challenge.  The Flying Unicorn for your word of the year for 2014, the word I have chosen is Health.. since I want to focus more on my health for this year.  Also for SPS for a vintage challenge.




The next one is for the Flying Unicorn for a challenge to use Folded Flowers on a layout or card.




I hope to be back in a few days with more challenges completed.

2 comments:

SusieJ said...

Happy New Year Jackie and good luck with your aims for the year.
I love all your challenge projects.
My word for the year is Change..it's been forced upon me but I intend to make the most of it.
Hugs xx

Pat said...

Happy new Year Jackie!
Glad to see you posting your work again!!Beautiful pages.