Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another month is gone!!!

I applied for the DT at The Scrapping Bug... didn't make it, was a little disappointed about that but I will get over it. Especially since it didn't stipulate in the conditions that we would be expected to send our DT work to The Bug and not just photos of it... so if I had been accepted, with that particular condition I would have had to decline anyway. I am not particularly happy with the idea of sending my work in the mail.

I have done a couple more layouts. The first one was done for Mojo Monday at The Flying Unicorn. I loved the sketch they posted for us to use. Here is my rendition.
I am really getting to like working with Gesso. For the frame, I painted it with Gesso first and then painted it with metalic, acrylic paint. The two flourishes I stamped with Gesso and then sprinkled on Chocolate Gellyroll embossing powder and used my heat gun on it.. loved the way that turned out. I used all Authentic Journey papers and a mix of flowers.


Well I think I did a little better this month at posting.. not much but even a little is better than none LOL.

The next one was a little tougher as it had some strange requirements LOL
1. Stamping.. not just an image but stamping to add texture or interest to your paper.
2. some fabric.
3. some fiber.
4. Get out your paint brush and use it in some manner.
Once again I used Gesso, this time I mixed it first with pink acrylic paint.. then I stamped blobs in the upper left hand corner and dotted circles mid layout to the left. I used gauze behind the flowers to the left of the photo, I also used Aida cloth underneath the photo on the left. I brushed both blue and pink Metalic paint on the Aida cloth before I used it. I also used yellow fibre in the upper left hand corner of the layout.

I used a combination of Inkadoo papers and a mixture of flowers from Prima to Manor House and everything in between LOL
Stamps used were See D's and Gelatins.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Beautiful LOs. Love the way you style is going.

SusieJ said...

Both are gorgeous Jackie!! I didn't get that challenge done...ran out of time...saving the sketch for the June challenges....you rocked them both!
Hugs xx

Cheryl (C Mom Go) said...

Both are stunning! I love how you used the gesso on the top page. Wonderful work.

regulargal said...

Great pages, love the flowers. Too bad about the DT. I've never paper scrapped but I would imagine it would be difficult to let your pages go - would they return them??