Oh my goodness, we have challenges coming out our ears over at Sisterhood of Scrap. This month everyone gets to post a challenge and believe me, the challenges are good. So far I have done eight of them. I am not working on them in any particular order, just grabbing one and going at it.
Chris gave us a sketch challenge. I used Prima papers. I embossed the title and bike with clear embossing powder. I found a clipart of the bike on the net and used Inkscape to convert it to a SVG file and then cut it with my Cricut Expression.
Here is the sketch.
This is what I did with it.
Jennifers challenge was to use something hybrid on our layout or card. I used digital papers from 2Peas, the Citrus Freeze line, the ribbon, and the circles are also from that line. The border around the circle was a strip that I cut into pieces and made the border. Once again I went looking for clipart of a car, converted to a SVG and cut with my Expression.
Tabitha gave us a challenge to use strips of journalling on a layout. I used digital papers from Scrapbook.com from their I Followed My Heart line.
The challenge that Lois threw out had several requirements:
1. Use red
2. Use at least 2 patterned papers with some red or pink in it.
3. More than one photo
4. A title and journaling
5. Chipboard of any kind anywhere.
I used digital papers from Scrapbook.com's Winter Romance line. I also used a pagemap sketch.
To use three different ribbons in three different ways was the challenge that Jo gave us. I have black polka dot ribbon ruffled under my photo, red ribbon stapled at the right and ribbon tied to the medallions. I used MME papers. I am not happy with this layout, I got carried away with the flowers and it is overpowering the photo.
Now then, Maggies challenge was very long.. lets just say it was out of my comfort zone. There was a list of ten things to do on the layout.. I am not going to list them all. Anyway, this turned out to be one of my best layouts ever. I hand drew all the petals for the flowers and hand cut them, then inked them. I tore the bottom edge of the striped paper. I destressed the pinked paper and then sprayed the edges with water to make it curl. I painted the chipboard title, then stamped it with a background stamp. There is a masked butterfly in the upper right hand corner.
Lindy also gave us a sketch challenge. She also stipulated that we use one of the techniques from Maggies list. Here is the sketch she posted.
I masked part of the title as the technique part.
Helen posted an announcement that since there are so many challenges posted that we may double up on our challenges this month. So This next layout I combined Kathys challenge of including a letter on your layout, with Melissas challenge of using a February Page map sketch.
I have one more almost finished but I have to wait for my flower to dry first LOL.