Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Been Having Some Fun!!

I have been having some fun creating. First of all my wonderful hubby bought me a couple of new toys. I got a new Cricut Expression and a new HP7500 wide format printer. So I have been watching YouTube tutorials for Inkscape, learning how to convert clipart and other graphics into SVGs for use in Sure Cuts A Lot. I want to be able to get as much use out of these new toys as possible.

I have also been doing challenges from both WeScrap and Sisterhood of Scrap.
At WeScrap the first challenge was to ink it up. I inked the edges of my paper although it doesn't show very well, I did faux stitching around my circle and I outlined my title.



Next was the January 22nd sketch challenge. I love this line of Cosmo Cricket Paper called Jack's World. I am proud to say that this one was chosen for layout of the week.



Then we had a challenge to do a layout about something or someone who makes us smile.Well I have a lot of things that make me smile but I choose to do my layout about my DGS Donald who had my daughter and I just doubled over laughing when we watched some of his video's that he had shot over Christmas. He was doing some videos of himself as a reporter for Wolf News.. I took some stills from one of the clips. In the clip he said "Wolf News, this is Donald Post, I am amazing, I am the best.. obviously" .. so funny! I created the movie camera from clipart and cut it with my Expression. I used a Clipart TV in Paint Shop to create the title.




The next one was a joint challenge.. the challenge at WeScrap was to use Be Mine for the title and the Challenge at SOS was to use all white with a black and white photo. Since our anniversary is coming up next month I decided to do a layout for it. I used white stickles and cheap bling from Dollarama.



Over at SOS I did the January 3rd Monday Challenge which was a recipe challenge. Recipe: -Kraft paper -Ink/paint somewhere -Chipboard embellishments -Stitching -Sticker(s) There is a catch.....You MUST show me some paper tearing somewhere!!!
We had to choose three of the items to include on our page. I used "faux" stitching,chipboard, inked my papers and my chipboard, and used two stickers... and of course I tore my paper



Challenge monday January 17 Besides your background paper, use only scraps smaller than 6x8. Well I have a tote full of scraps so that was no problem for me LOL.



So now that I have almost caught up with the month's challenges I am off to play somemore with Inkscape and SCAL.. I still have one more challenge to do at WeScrap, I have the sketch printed off and my pics chosen but will work on it later.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

You have been one busy girl. I love the white challenge, what a great layout. Keep up with your awesome work girl.

melody said...

you come up with the kewlest titles for you los chickie ~ and wowza ~ you've been busy! so great to see! awesome los

HUGZ
melody