Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Encouraging Results

August 1st was weigh-in again and I am seeing some signs of improvement. I am down to 181 pounds, Yippee!!!! So all in all I feel much better. Over a month of doing without and I have only given in and smoked the one pack of smokes during that time. I am very pleased with myself. Taking caffeine, nicotine, and sugar from your system at the same time is not an easy task and I certainly expected to fail a lot more times than I have. Determination is strong though and having come so far it is much easier to say no way not after going this long.. and now that I am actually seeing some weight loss I have no excuse to smoke at all now. Of course the losing must continue and not just be a one time thing. I do need to lose more than the seven pounds.
I have to admit that I am starting to feel a bit better with the training and am now able to do 20 minutes at level 2 on the bike and 20 on treadmill without my heartrate going "beepbeepbeep" at me all the time. Improvements to say the least. :)

3 comments:

melody said...

girl ~ you got it goin on! what an accomplishment! whohoo!

hugz
melody

Colleen said...

Way to go girl. I am so proud of you. Keep it up.

Hey I didn't know you knew Melody, she is one talented lady.

Colleen said...

Congrats and keep up the good work! Success breeds success!