Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Adventurous

     I joined a new group on Facebook called Limor's Mixed Media Group.  I love playing with mixed media but I am not very good with it so I thought joining a group might help with that.  I have watched a lot of videos about art journalling and still am lost when it comes to playing in my journal.   I just don't have enough ideas.  Anyway the challenge for January was to create an Industrial Chic page using Lindy's Industrial Chic mists.   Well I didn't have those particular mists but did have some that were close and what I didn't have in Lindy's was able to come up with in Gelato's.
  Here is the journal page I created.

First I sprayed the mists and let them run together.  I then used several stencils to create dimension.  Then I added the bricks using Martha Stewart stucco mixed with grey paint. I added a bit of torn cheesecloth for more texture. Then I used another stencil and some more Gelato to get a bit more texture in the upper right hand corner.  I then stamped on some gears and added a couple of washers. I sprinkled a bit of  sparkling embossing powders here and there just for a bit of glitter. The journalling reads: The Key to adventure is not the Key, it is putting yourself in gear and start moving.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Great Journal page!!

Lanette said...

Love the brick wall!! I just joined that group too!!! Me can learn together :)