Sunday, November 11, 2012

Washi Tape

Yes I mentioned that Washi Tape the last post. Well one of the challenges calls for the use of Washi Tape so of course I had to go on the hunt for some since I didn't have any in my stash. I found some at Micheal's, lucky me.. got to go shopping again LOL.

Here is the challenge..)For this challenge think of a creative way to use Washi Tape on your layout. Easy Peasy!

Now I am a little challenged in the "think" department so it took me a while to come up with some ideas of using the Washi Tape but I finally came up with one that was acceptable to me.
The paper I used is K&Company Botanical.The butterflies were fussy cut from the same paper. I used TCW brick mask with Gesso on the background and dollar store pearls. The flower came in a RAK from the Flying Unicorn. Ribbon is from my stash and unknown. Click on image for a larger view.

Denise hit us with a real challenge this month. November Challenge- "Its all in the Details" and here is the challenge: Must have the following details on your project:1. Paint, 2. Stamping, 3. Stitching. Faux stitching is ok!! 4. Ink, 5.Distressing, 6. Masking, 7. Misting, 8. Liquid Pearls or Bling

Now that is a lot of details to add to a layout but of course most of these things are added normally to my layouts anyway.
I managed to come up with this layout. The first thing I did was mist my background with four different colours because the paper was patterned and I didn't want it showing as much as it was so I misted it rather heavily.  Then I inked my edges on the papers I was going to use. Next I distressed the edges of the main sheet of paper. Then I used a piece of plastic canvas to add paint to the upper right...I choose red to bring out the bits of red in the photos. Next I used the TCW hexagon mask with gesso on the background paper. I then stamped the lower left corner with ink. Once everything was dry I adhered the photos and some bling and flowers, did a bit of faux stitching and wrote some journalling. Click on image to view a larger version.

You will have to come back later to find out what Stephanie's Fall recipe is all about.. unless you hop on over to The Flying Unicorn to find out. :)



No comments: