Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Try Try and Try Again!!!

On March 15th I tried to quit smoking again. This time I made it for two weeks before I buckled. I was able to handle the cravings but I couldn't muddle my way through the depression. Funny thing, all the other times (and there were plenty) I never had the depression, that is the first time I got that. When I reached the point that I was too depressed to go in to work I knew I had to do something and fast, so I bought a pack of smokes and just sat there and smoked them. :(
I will try again, I haven't given up giving up.

I have been busy with my scrapping trying to keep my mind occupied and that worked keeping the cravings at bay.

Sketchy saturday April 2nd at WeScrap gave us this sketch to work with;


I really really love this sketch and all the possibilities. I created the title using SCAL and my Cricut. I also made the flower.



Next I combined two challenges, one from SOS and the other from Scrapbook Heaven. Both challenges were to use a frame on our layout. Once again I used SCAL and the Dividers font to make the frame and I used the Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate paper kit that I won from WeScrap. Love the way it turned out.


SOS is having a pre-birthday Challenge and it is to create a card/layout or project for each letter of APRIL.. These are what I did.

A is for Animal as in Animal Magnet.


P is for Paint as in the paint on the snowflake.


R is for Ribbon as in the ribbon on this card. I love the way my rose turned out. I made this card for a very close friend who has been through a very rough year.


I is for Ink as in the ink I used to stamp the background on this card.


L is for Lace as in the pretty lace on this card.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif


I think that took care of the word APRIL very nicely LOL
Now don't forget, SOS will be celebrating its birthday starting on April 8th, it will be a great party so head on over there and start having some fun. Remember that SOS is NOT an online store so it isn't going to be trying to sell you anything, just a great bunch of ladies who are fantastic to hang out with. They are there for you when you need encouragement, when you need a laugh, when you just wanna chat, when you need inspiration, heck they are there for you no matter what it is you need or want LOL

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Jackie I love that title, that is just awesome.

I understand your pain, it took me lots of times of trying to quit before I finally quit. It has been 9.5 years now.

By the way I love the new look to your blog.

SusieJ said...

Loving the new look to your blog Jackie and also the LOs and cards - you have been busy.
I sooo sympathise with you trying to quit smoking. I was told to give up when my RA was diagnosed and I managed it for 9 months before giving in. So silly. I need to quit again too.
Fingers crossed for you.
Hugs xx

ScrappingMomOf3 said...

I just adore those cards, and the papers you used for the animal layout are great!

Anonymous said...

I hope you can quit smoking and I know it will be hard to do, but you can do it! Keep us updated.

regulargal said...

I love your horse pics. And I love your cards!

I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with quitting smoking. I've never smoked but I know those who have for years find it very difficult to quit. A friend of mine could not go cold-turkey - she got some help by using one of the many available quitting products (forget the name). Its such a damaging habit to your body and I hope you find a way to quit very soon! Good luck!

(To answer your question - I live in Montague, PEI)

Cheryl (C Mom Go) said...

You have kept yourself busy with lots of amazing projects. I truly hope that one day you will be able to look back at this post and think to yourself, I did it!!!

Unknown said...

Jackie, you've sure been busy with scrapping! Your work is gorgeous!