Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wow Wow Wow!!!

What a month this has been. It has been a busy one for me, working almost every day trying to get ready for Christmas. I wanted to make it a special one for the grandkids and for my daughter and son in law. I think I suceeded. I gave all the grandkids digital cameras, including the two little ones. I don't think Daniel was too impressed with his, but the other four were having the times of their lives shooting photos and videos all day long. I had sooooo much pleasure just watching their faces, it was pure joy.

Donald was so funny, he was just a hoot. He did a lot of "Wolf News Reports" with "Donald Post reporting" and it was so hilarious that my daughter and I were in tears laughing so hard. I can see he is going to keep me in supply for a long time. It didn't take him long to figure out the modes and all the little gadgets etc on his camera and put them to use.

Theresa, was soon taking pictures of everything around the house and trying out the video mode on her camera. She was taking some pretty good shots too. I was surprised that her camera had such good video quality.

Isaac, was so excited about his camera that he went nuts taking pictures, the flash was popping all over the place. I think he needs to learn a bit about his camera though. Once things quiet down a little his mother will give him some lessons so he can get some quality pictures.

As I said, Daniel really wasn't that impressed by the camera and was more taken by the case and the fact that it had a separate compartment for little things. He did take a few pictures but you would be hard put to tell what they were. LOL

Samantha was overjoyed that she also got a camera, and had to inspect it very carefully to make sure it wasn't just a toy. She fell totally in love with the colour (purple) and with the case that went with it. She was having trouble remembering how to hold it though and ended up with a lot of pictures of little fingers. However, she never gave up and kept trying. She was such a treasure to watch when she was trying to take a picture, the serious expression on her face was precious.

Janet and Dan were delighted by their new stove. No more hissing and popping before their burners light and it would appear that Dan loves that idea very much.

All in all, I had a wonderful Christmas. I am totally pleased!!!

I have managed to do a couple of layouts, the first one is of the children as they opened their cameras... the pictures didn't come out all that well. I thought I had my camera set on sports so it would catch the action.. but it was set on portrait so they came out pretty darn blurry :(



The second one is of Samantha taken at her Nana Post's on Christmas morning by her mother. I used the December 25th sketch from WeScrap and digital papers from Shabby Princess' Holiday Magic collection.



I hope to get a couple more days off on the weekend and will probably do more scrapping then.

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds like the cameras were a huge success. Was your daughter shocked?

Great layouts.

melody said...

wow girl ~ that is so kewl getting the gks cameras for christmas ~ hope special is that! and love the title of your first lo ~ perfect! awesome los, too! it's great to see you getting scrappy happy with the christmas pics.

wishing you and al a HAPPY NEW YEAR. may it be filled with lots of love, laughter, and sunshine. and thanks so much for all your love and support this past year as monte and i have gone through our 'journey'. please know it is appreciated. and for all the lovin you've left on my blog this past year ~ THANKS. its been great seeing you grow creatively and i look forward to another scrappin happy year.

Colleen said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Love the layouts and thanks for dropping by my blog! Happy New Year and may 2011 bring you all the joy you can handle!

regulargal said...

Nice to see you scrapping and blogging still! Looks like you and your family had a nice Christmas. I think cameras were a great idea!